- RSS Channel Showcase 2802755
- RSS Channel Showcase 3088213
- RSS Channel Showcase 5880416
- RSS Channel Showcase 3872596
Articles on this Page
- 06/29/17--08:36: _Obituaries — Lawren...
- 07/13/17--09:04: _Obituaries — Pamela...
- 07/27/17--07:31: _Obituaries — Barbar...
- 07/27/17--07:35: _Obituaries — Rudyar...
- 07/27/17--07:39: _Obituaries — Arthur...
- 08/17/17--11:29: _Obituaries — Willia...
- 08/17/17--11:43: _Obituaries — Connor...
- 09/13/17--22:00: _Obituary
- 11/30/17--10:22: _Glen Paul Welch
- 12/13/17--21:00: _Obituary
- 01/11/18--12:05: _Obituary — Howard N...
- 01/11/18--12:08: _Obituary — Dr. Hunt...
- 01/18/18--11:09: _Obituary
- 06/29/17--08:36: Obituaries — Lawrence “Larry” LaClair
- 07/13/17--09:04: Obituaries — Pamela Estelle Price
- 07/27/17--07:31: Obituaries — Barbara Williams Madden
- 07/27/17--07:35: Obituaries — Rudyard M. Colter
- 07/27/17--07:39: Obituaries — Arthur S. Paré
- 08/17/17--11:29: Obituaries — William P. Dubuc
- 08/17/17--11:43: Obituaries — Connor Oliver Lewis
- 09/13/17--22:00: Obituary
- 11/30/17--10:22: Glen Paul Welch
- 12/13/17--21:00: Obituary
- 01/11/18--12:05: Obituary — Howard Neil Verman
- 01/11/18--12:08: Obituary — Dr. Huntington “Skip” Sheldon
- 01/18/18--11:09: Obituary
A Champlain Valley Union High School graduate who went on to long careers with both St. Michael’s College and FedEx has died while paddle-boarding in Florida. Lawrence “Larry” LaClair, 64, of Middleburg, Fla. passed away June 18. LaClair was an accomplished mechanic and achieved certification as an ASE Master Mechanic for over 25 years. He… Read More »
Pamela Estelle Price, 24, was taken from her family and community at her home in St. George unexpectedly on Tuesday, July 4. Born in Burlington to Carl and Kimberly Price (now Davis) on May 4, 1993, she traveled to Hawaii, Florida, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Ohio and New England throughout her young life. Pamela had… Read More »
Barbara (Williams) Madden passed away on July 15, 2017 at Wake Robin, in the loving embrace of her family, at the age of 96. Barbara was born on December 27, 1920, to Ruth Brown Williams and Frederick Edward Williams in Springfield, Mass. Barbara grew up in Springfield through her high school years and was busily… Read More »
Rudyard M. Colter died on July 17, 2017, in Shelburne. At 99 years, Rud’s long life was characterized by immense intellectual curiosity, professional achievement, a sense of adventure, concern for community, and personal kindness. Since he experienced a broken home as a child, he was determined to raise a family in a loving, supportive environment—something… Read More »
Arthur S. Paré of Shelburne died Wednesday afternoon, July 19, at Burlington Health and Rehabilitation Center. He was 85. Born and raised Burlington, he was the only child of the late Armand and Mary (Stone) Paré. Mr. Paré attended Pomeroy-Taft Elementary School and graduated from Cathedral High School. He went on to receive his Bachelor… Read More »
William (Will) Preston Dubuc, 24 years old, of Charlotte, died peacefully Sunday, Aug. 13, surrounded by loved ones and friends, after successfully defeating brain cancer for seven years. William was born in Burlington on Aug. 26, 1992, and immediately began to steal the hearts of all those he came into contact with. He attended Charlotte… Read More »
Connor Oliver Lewis, son of Marc and Tina Lewis of Shelburne, will be laid to rest Friday at 2 p.m. at the Shelburne Village Cemetery. Friends are welcome to attend the ceremony. Connor passed away June 2 after a battle with brain cancer. Shelburne Poet Laureate Rick Bessette wrote a poem in memory of Connor (2002-2017). On Angels Wing by Rick… Read More »
Greta Pedersen Krag passed on peacefully in her home in Shelburne on Aug. 31 at age almost-93, surrounded by family. Although born in Lynn, Mass., she spent decades creating and managing one of the first retirement care facilities in California with her husband, Cletus Krag, M.D. When he passed on 18 years ago, Greta moved… Read More »
Glen Paul Welch, 54, of Hinesburg, passed away at his home on Nov. 17. Glen was born in Burlington on June 25, 1963 to Edgar Allen Welch and Bette Ann (Lyman) Welch. He attended Iowa Tech in Sioux City, Iowa. He was skilled in computer science and technological applications. During the 1980s, Glen was the… Read More »
Rollin “John” Hunter HINESBURG – John Hunter passed away peacefully on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017, surrounded by his family. John was born April 28, 1939, the oldest child of Charles and Helen Martin, and was a lifelong resident of Hinesburg. John was a member of the Hinesburg Volunteer Fire Department for 40 years, and was… Read More »
On Jan. 2, Howard Neil Verman of Charlotte died after a long struggle with brain cancer. The Verman family is grateful to the loving community of friends and family who supported them during his illness and for the care by Dr. Alissa Thomas and the McClure Miller VNA Respite House. Howard was born Jan. 13,… Read More »
Dr. Huntington “Skip” Sheldon of Shelburne died unexpectedly after a brief illness at his home on Friday, Dec. 29. He was born in New York City on Jan. 14, 1930. Skip and his family moved to Amagansett, N.Y. when he was 6 years old; the property there has remained a keystone throughout his life and… Read More »
Professor John W. Hennessey Jr, age 92, of Shelburne, Vt., and formerly of Hanover, N.H., died of natural causes on January 11, 2018 at the Wake Robin Continuing Care Retirement Community. A much beloved and respected professor and administrator, John Hennessey was a scholar, a feminist, a democrat, and an ethicist, with an exceptional academic… Read More »